A Flapper

A Flapper
A "Partay" Girl of the 1920s

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

One Version of Southern Cornbread

Another recipe from my sister, Nan. I like cornbread, but even though
it has few ingredients normally, it is not always easy to come up
with a good result. Only in the last few years have I been able to make
cornbread that approaches that my mother seemed to turn out effortlessly.

Some people make cornbread with sugar in it. I don't like that.

Here is what Nan sent:

--------------------------------

Thought this sounded really good! A little chopped onion in it would be good, too. Let me know if you try it. Nan

From: AHPraises@aol.com

Southern Corn bread

2-cups corn meal
1-small carton of sour cream
1-bag of frozen broccoli
2-cups of cheddar cheese
2-eggs

Chop broccoli up very fine; mix all ingredients together and bake in
350 degree oven until brown.

------------------

I made this today.

It was pretty good.

As you can see the recipe is a little short on details.

I did add a little chopped onion.

Used a 6 X 9 glass pan sprayed with Pam. Cooked it about 45 minutes, but you can watch it and see when your oven gets it to the color you like.

No comments: