A Flapper

A Flapper
A "Partay" Girl of the 1920s

Monday, May 31, 2004

Film - "The Day After Tomorrow"

Most of my viewing of films is by way of
renting DVDs via Netflix.

Sunday, however, I bucked that trend and did something
I have not done in a long, long time. I saw a movie
on the first weekend it was available.

The film, "The Day After Tomorrow," is one that you might
want to see on the big screen. This is a disaster movie from
the folks who brought you "Independence Day." This time the
threat is from global warming, not aliens.

Oddly enough, global warming leads to almost instant ice
age, but real world science backs up this movie premise.

The special effects are first rate. I don't think the writing
or acting will attract attention from Oscar, but I liked it, and
you like this genre, you will too. The theatre was packed and no
one seemed bored. In fact, several scenes that depicted the
after effects of the huge storm evoked considerable laughter.

I would have liked to have seen more of the story's attention
aimed at the science and politics of global warming, but liked
it nonetheless.

1 comment:

dea said...

great film..