A Flapper

A Flapper
A "Partay" Girl of the 1920s

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Spaghetti with Cream Sauce

Spaghetti with Cream Sauce

Both of my sisters are real good cooks like
our Mom was. I got this one from sister Nan
in Wisconsin.

I made this one just about as soon as I got it,
and it was goooood. I think that Velveeta is
one of the 7 major food groups so I was naturally
drawn to this dish. I am also partial to thin
spaghetti so that is two pluses, and zucchini
is on my top-ten veggie list.

No health claims made for this recipe. Also, I think the
next time I make it, I am going to use a little more
zucchini than called for.


2 cups mushroom slices
1 cup halved zucchini slices
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons Margarine
1/3 cup half and half
1/2 pound Velveeta Pasteurized Process Cheese Spread, cubed
8 ounces spaghetti, cooked, drained

Saute vegetables and garlic in margarine until zucchini is
crisp-tender.
Reduce heat to low. Add half and half and Velveeta. Stir until
Velveeta is melted. Toss with hot spaghetti.

Makes 6 servings


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very yummy! My family loved it!