A Flapper

A Flapper
A "Partay" Girl of the 1920s

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Very Special Spinach

As a child, I was no fan of veggies. This lasted a long time.

About the only veg I would eat was cooked carrots slathered
in butter. I was lucky that I had a mother who would indulge
me. (I don't count taters as veggies.)

I think this is a trait in some parts of my family tree. I
don't think my nephew, Paul, had a veggie til he went away
to college. He survived his early years on a diet of Wonder Bread.

But now, we both love our veggies. I made this recipe for the first time this week and took it to a party. It was well received.
The vegetarian hosts were specially pleased.

The source I got this recipe from attributed it to
Jeanette Oberholtzer of Manheim, PA.

------------------------------------------------

Very Special Spinach

makes 8 servings (if nobody likes it)

3 10 oz. boxes frozen spinach, thawed and drained

2 cups cottage cheese

1.5 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese

3 eggs

.25 cup flour

1 tsp salt

.5 cup butter

----------------------------------

1. Mix all ingredients together

2. Pour into slow cooker

3. Cook on High 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook
four more hours.

I don't think this will pass for an entree, but it is
a yummy side dish.

No comments: